Friday, February 25, 2011

mind-fucker!

today, i inform my boss (i lovingly refer to him as "gm" for general manager) that the cleanse i started on wednesday has shown some results already:  i've lost 6 lbs.  hard to believe, but that is what the scale is telling me.  i am/was doing this cleanse to "jump start" a (dare i say it??) diet.  i won't go crazy, i've done this before with pretty good results (i was once over 200 lbs and it stayed off for years)...but in the last year or so, i've gotten sloppy and many of those 50 lbs have come back.  well, i won't have it.

as all the managers sat down to eat lunch today, my gm who hasn't had lunch (or breakfast, for that matter) in weeks.  he has lost 20 lbs.   of course, i don't believe in his way of dieting via starvation - but it's not for me to say.  as he's eating some fancy quesadilla concoction he made himself in the kitchen, he asks me how my pear is....a few minutes later he's laughing at me eating carrots.....you get the picture.

he decides to put a bet on the table:  we weigh ourselves on monday (at work) and then the following monday, whoever loses more weight in that week - wins.  (he's putting up $200 - i only have to put up $20).  i only plan on doing this cleanse for a week.  if i do it that long, it'll be 5 more days of me not having pizza.....super sigh.....

my friend was trying to give me suggestions on how to win this bet.  i told him that gm has already won.  if he loses, he only loses $200 - but he still had the power to make me do something i didn't want to do (he knew i only wanted to do the cleanse for 7 days).  if he wins, he gets $20 and still the satisfaction of knowing i was killing myself trying to "beat" him.  my friend's response was, "damn, he's such a mind fuck."  indeed he is.

now, wish me luck. ;-)

8 comments:

  1. Ummm...I'd wrap my twenty up ASAP, really purty-like, with a note:

    Here's the twenty. My diet. My way. :)

    z

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is your way? As in what does a Lexy cleanse look like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks, star ;-)

    taar - doing fresh/raw fruits/veggies, yogurt, flaxseed, and water/juice. hard to believe, but i'm up to 8 lbs already. my body - me thinks - is in shock.....it wants to know where the m&m's and pizza went!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can not eat like that while there is snow on the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I admire folks who can find it in them to do the cleanse thing (I don't think I could.) So just know that your post has inspired me to plant my ass in your cheering section...

    ...GO LEXY!!!!! KICK GM'S SMACK-TALKING ASS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooopsy....forgot to mention, this is Shabby/Moira :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nah, you've already won. It isn't about the dollars or the pounds. Its about being healthy and a mindset. Obviously (although its not for us to say), his starvation method is not going to get him anywhere for the long run.

    That said, KICK HIS ASS. Wooohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks ladies....i finally broke the cleanse tonite with some whole wheat pasta and marinara. (my body has had enough!) but i think it was an important lesson for me to be more mindful of what i was eating....and lately, i would eat just about anything i like! obviously, at 39, that just doesn't work anymore. tomorrow, i go food shopping again.... with a LOT more healthier choices in the basket! (AND....it's starting to warm up - yay, i can go outside & play!)

    ReplyDelete