Tuesday, October 19, 2010

how do i get out of here?!?!

had a dream last nite that i was leaving vegas (i think)...i just recall it was some large flashy hotel and i was with a friend...  i was lost on how to get to the airport, it was something like i had to cut thru the hotel and then find the right door/corridor to get to my flight. 

as i'm cutting thru the hotel, the SAG (screen actors guild) awards was going on.  i was cutting thru the sections, lot of people seated, and i notice that the ushers are all famous actors (and they're all dressed to the nines!).   since we're so lost, i finally decide to ask one of the actors if they can tell me the way out so i can get to my flight...  (I also ask them if they are required to usher the event.)  the actor who i stopped wasn't very helpful (nor did i recognize her)...i remember her just prattling on about the awards ceremony.

getting annoyed with this...i grab my friend and just dart out a door.....i wake up.

i thought about the dream cause it's not the first time i've dreamt about trying to get somewhere i can't seem to get to.  i implore the various people on my path to help me (friends/strangers), but to no avail.  there is no doubt i'm lost, and no one seems interesting in helping me.  i often feel like i'm talking to myself.

can't help but wonder about these dreams....

4 comments:

  1. (putting on the psychiatrist hat)

    what are you trying to escape, and who are you asking for help? are they giving you advice you can't use?

    hugs, sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My "trapped" dreams leave me wondering, there must be some kind of way out of here. When I ask questions as to where that way lies, "they" ask their own questions in turn; the answers can be difficult to face. Or sometimes it's as easy as hearing what question to ask and finding an answer that works and is true.

    I believe that trust is the most difficult part of this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had a trapped dream or a falling dream. Should I feel left out?

    I think, though, that if you can't feel places that are behind gates or walls or mountains, then there is never any joy in the path(s) to them.

    Your mind is not limited to what you see. And I think that sometimes we have a lot of pieces to a puzzle, even if we do not know what the puzzle is. And sometimes we intuit where those pieces lie based on something we heard in this place or that...but we can't YET pinpoint it. And perhaps it has nothing to do with asking for help, but as Dave says, knowing who might answer well-aimed questions that put you on your way, might be the key...or one of the keys. The right question, of the right person, in the right place, at the right time, and in the right way...

    No clear picture of what's over there? Perhaps the paths are many.

    Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for the input, everyone.

    i suspect that i have many "blocks/walls" that even just i imposed on myself along with the world around me.

    i don't know if this is a part of the natural maturity process, but i'm starting to recognize things that i have chosen to ignore for a very, very long time.....

    i have a lot of work to do, me thinks.....

    ReplyDelete