Sunday, October 10, 2010

i see dead people.....

well, not really.   but do you?  i figure being my favorite time of the year, it's a good time to bring it up.  

that fancy box with all those pretty colors in my living room has plenty of shows on this exact topic.  there's paranormal state, ghost hunters, psychic kids, etc.  my personal favorite is "the haunted" on animal planet.  i know it's strange that animal planet has a ghost show....but hands down, it's the best one i've seen in recent history.  (one particular episode had me so frightened, i actually had to call a friend at 2am to calm me down....)

but i guess what i'm really afraid of is this being real.  are there dead people walking around us all the time?  of course, many scoff at such an idea.  but if they do exist, why are they still here?  i believe that to be the $64,000 question.

i personally have never seen/heard a ghost/spirit, but i have certainly felt one.  years ago, a friend of mine moved to a new apartment in central jersey.  i visited and stayed there frequently.  almost from day one....i felt something watching me...some kind of presence (to the point where i would look behind me to see if it was my friend's husband but no one was there.)  i brushed it off.  this happened time & time again.  every time i went to a certain part of the apartment, i felt something.  it was driving me nuts.  finally one day i approached my friend & her husband, "ok....i know this is gonna sound crazy, but hear me out...."  and i proceed to explain this feeling i was experiencing.  the husband nearly fell off the couch, and sighed so loudly with relief, "i am SO glad you said that! i've been wanting to say something for months!"  apparently, he had exactly seen this presence....  he described her to me.  i told him i know nothing of this presence i feel...it's just a feeling, like i'm being watched in this certain part of the apartment (close to where he had seen this presence.)

eventually, my friend had a "psychic party" (where a psychic comes to the house, a bunch of people come over, and pay something like $20 for 15/20 to sit & talk to the psychic). this psychic spoke with the husband (and all of us) saying he knows that this spirit is there, she means no harm, and described what she looked like - the husband agreed with the description.  we were all a little surprised.  i actually said, "shut the fuck up!"  he didn't respond well to this.  

later, he gave me a reading.  everything this man said, came true (except one thing)..... things he said i actually laughed at, cause i would have put MONEY on it that it would not happen, and yet they did.  this man truly made a believer of me in his abilities.

all this said.... i'm not hoping to meet anyone new anytime soon......

1 comment:

  1. I've seen and heard many things that I cannot explain.

    ReplyDelete